WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP FIRE DISTRICT NO.1
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL BOND COUNSEL
Scope of Services
The Scope of Services required under this Request for Proposals includes the serving as the Fire District’s Bond Counsel providing professional bond counsel services relating thereto from May, 2018 through the Reorganization in 2019.
Other Specialized Services
The selected Professional will be expected to provide specialized professional services to the Fire District during the year on an as needed basis. Various issues arise during the normal course of business involving the need for professional services on matters that will require guidance and advice from the aforesaid professional. Because such services, at times, represent emergency situations, the professional will be expected to return a phone call to the Fire District on the same day. The professional will also be expected to be available to provide advice to the Fire District during non- business hours including the attendance at meetings when requested.
The firm shall have two or more licensed professionals on staff whose major focus and work has been and remains providing professional services to and advising public entities. The firm shall have at least ten (10) years experience in representing public entities. The firm shall designate one professional within the firm, who will be assigned to represent the interest of the Fire District. This individual shall have been admitted and/or licensed in his/her profession and be in good standing. The firm and individuals assigned to work with the Fire District shall be well versed in all aspects of the Fire District’s operations.
Proposing firms shall provide evidence that all minimum qualifications are met.
ALL SUBMITTALS MUST CONTAIN A ONE (1) PAGE, UNATTACHED, SUMMARY OF COST DETAILS AND A STATEMENT INDICATING THAT ALL MIMIMUM QUALIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN MET.
The response to this Request for Proposals (RFP) shall also discuss and provide the following:
- Names and roles of the individuals who will perform the task and a description of their experience with projects similar to the matter being
- References and record of
- Description of ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff).
- Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform
- Resumes for the professionals to be assigned to work on Fire District matters shall be
- A list delineating the number and types of public clients served shall also be presented.
Evaluation of Proposals
The Fire District intends to award a professional services contract for the defined scope of work under the Fair and Open Process in accordance with N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.4 et. seq.
The proposals will be evaluated by a committee of staff and Board Members of the Fire District based upon information supplied by each Proposer in response to this RFP and the following criteria:
- Ability to meet all minimum
- Overall knowledge and familiarity with the operations of the Fire
- Experience of the firm in providing similar services to other public bodies, with special emphasis on experience in New
- Qualifications and experience of the
- Qualifications and experience of the other members of the professional’s
- The hourly rates proposed. The proposal shall identify whether clerical and other overhead costs will be billed separately or included in the hourly labor rate for the attorneys.
Any questions regarding this Request for Proposals should be directed to Nancy Corson, Clerk to the Board of the Washington Township Fire District No. 1.
Please submit One (1) original and Six (6) copies of the proposal to:
Washington Township Fire District No. 1
P.O. Box 653
Turnersville, New Jersey 08012
ATTN: BOND COUNSEL RFP
All Submittals must be received at the Fire District Administration Building (#213 E. Holly Avenue, Sewell, New Jersey 08080) by 1:00 PM, May 11th, 2018, at which time they will be publicly opened.